Saturday, October 31, 2015

LEARNING

HELLO PEEPS.

Well to start off I guess I will tell you about the saddest thing that happened this week and then work up from there to happier more positive things. It all started and ended I guess on monday. We rode our bikes to District Meeting at the church and that was good and normal. The meeting ends and we grab our helmets to return back home to eat lunch and as we walk out the door I look over to where we had previously locked our bikes and to my total and utter dismay and disappointment I saw that instead of having two bikes locked to the pole we now just had one. Yup. It happened. We were robbed of the thing that brought us so much joy. The weirdest thing about it is that we made sure that we locked them up good and we had one of those super thick locks and I honestly have no clue how they stole it. So yeah we were just like totally devastated and still are and it kind of put a damper on our monday but we figure that Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways and he gives us our trials for a reason. Maybe He really needs us to find someone special on the bus or something...we still have hope that we will find the missing bike somewhere around town, our eyes are peeled, and we literally have been just inspecting each bike that we see. So yeah that was super sad and my dream of being in a bike city has come to an end. It was fun while it lasted and I guess all good things have to come to an end...often we don't understand things, but The Lord has a much greater plan for us!

The most beautiful part of the week was last wednesday when we went to Milano for the conference with Sister Burton and Sister Oscarson- the General Young Women and General Relief Society Presidents! We got to meet them individually and their wonderful husbands and it was just a special experience. Their husbands are just as amazing and spiritually forte as they are...literally I could not stand the cuteness of the Burton's they are just such a beautiful couple! I had the opportunity to translate for some of the conference, not all of it because there were a few other people also asked to help with the translation, including Sorella Hibo! It was so great to see her again before she finishes her mission in like 2 weeks. I was suuuuuper nervous for the translating but it was an amazing experience. It was one of those moments where Ii just felt extremely inadequate but I literally felt the Lord sustain me and qualify me for what He had asked me to do. He trusted me and He helped me. The gift of tongues is a real thing, I testify of that. It was just all around a beautiful conference. One of my favorite parts was actually during lunch time. I sat at the table with Sister Burton and her husband - a bunch of us sisters that were sitting there just sat there in awe as she spoke about her experiences as a general authority...a normal day, her experiences with the apostles and so many more beautiful things. She sat there and everything she said was just accompanied by such a strong spirit. I cannot explain it, but she is truly called of God, they all are. All of the sisters in the mission was there and it was just a neat experience where I truly felt how special our role as sisters truly is and exactly what the Lord needs us to be and how we can help Him in this work. We are enough. The things we do are enough. And He sees each and every one of them!

Other then that we had a pretty normal week! We did two exchanges with our sisters and they both went incredibly well. I had the chance to exchange with two younger sisters in the mission and I was seriously so very impressed by their amazing level of knowledge and passion for the work. They are just on a different playing field, they came out here already knowing how to be missionaries. They already know their purpose and what it means to fulfill it. I found so much joy in laboring with them and just seeing so many miracles and blessings and learning together. Going to the sister conference and just seeing soooooo many sisters that I have gotten to know throughout the course of my mission just made my heart so incredibly happy. I have had the amazing opportunity to get to know and serve with so many amazing souls and have made so many dear friends that I will have forever. The Lord is so very good to me. I am learning so much and I feel myself coming closer to my Savior each and every day. I know that this is His work, His gospel, His church, and that He knows us each individually. I cannot even begin to describe on this screen or in words my deep and abiding love for Him. I wish I could share with you all of my thoughts and feelings and all the things I am learning through the spirit and through these experiences. I feel myself becoming who I am supposed to become...I am still a long way but the progression is there. Persistence=Progression. In life, in overcoming weaknesses, in talking to people on the streets, in relationships, in general. I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven knows me so well to teach me the things I am learning.
Have a wonderful week!
I love you so much!
Sorella Burt
Let's play - who can find Sorella Burt :)



No comments:

Post a Comment