Friday, June 26, 2015

Hey all

I am currently on a train writing this email so that is a first...yipeeee. We have had an enjoyable pday! We traveled to a nearby city called Como to do a little hike and that was a lot of fun! We went with some other Sorelle in Milano and hiked up to a lighthouse that overlooked the whole city and tons of beautiful mountains. Man this country is such a dream.
Our hike in Como
We have had another good week here in Milano. It literally went by so fast though I cannot really believe how quick the weeks are flying by. I'll just share a few stories that taught me some lessons this week! The other day we had some extra time so we went over to the park near our house. I've talked about it before and generally the humans there are kind and what not but this time we literally talked to the grumpiest people everrrrrrrrr. Like four right in a row, hardcore rejections. One got up and walked away right when we approached, another said she didn't have time as she leisurely sat on a bench doing a crossword, others were just plain rude! We were trying hard not to get down...saying there HAS to be one kind human in this park! We were about to go home because it was time to go in but we were like, nah one more person. We stopped a man and he was slightly awkward but he actually talked to us and let us teach him a little lesson!! It wasn't anything super special, he's not ready for the gospel or anything but it really taught me an important lesson. Satan wants us to get down and discouraged. He is going to do all he can to get us down and keep us from doing this work. But I learned that no matter how many grumpy people you talk to or how it seems like no one you
talk to is prepared...you just gotta keep talking and keep trying. That's when the miracles arrive. The little things truly do make a difference.i think that man needed a small little chat about Christ in his day, and although he may not be ready now, I know that it helped him in some way so that one day he will be ready. No effort is wasted out here.

Yesterday we were in a big rush trying to get from an appointment to the church for FHE and we were late so just like hurrying. We got off the metro and were like running to our bus stop. To get to the church you can either take the bus which takes like 3 minutes or walk for like 10, so the bus is better but just doesn't come all that often. I was just praying in my heart that a bus would be there when we arrived and I told Heavenly Father that if He gave us a bus, I would talk to someone in that three minutes we rode the bus. We got to the stop and literally 20 seconds later the bus came! I was like hallelujah. Thank you. Now I gotta do my part. I got on the bus and had a little chat with a lady and gave her a card...once again it wasn't something super large and miraculous, but for me it was special and I learned that ALL prayers are answered. Even the little baby ones in our heart for a bus to come. He listens ALWAYS and is ready to bless us. That lady I talked to may have needed that little conversation after a hard day at work, who knows. We never know why we are placed in people's paths or why things happen the way they do. But we are in His service and He knows all! He loves us and helps us when we are doing our best to help Him in His work.

Everyone is starting to leave. In the summer EVERYONE goes on vacation for like the whole summer. Either back to visit their own country or just to get away for awhile. I can already tell that is going to make missionary work very interesting. Milan is just crawling with tourists, which also makes things hard. But that's okay we're just gonna keep working hard hard harrrrrrd. Good thing it hasn't been like deathly hot lately, so that's a blessing. Things are going well with R.! Her date is currently for the 7th of July so the day before Sorella Boscia goes home. Hopefully all will work out! She is doing well though and still has such a strong and real desire to be baptized. I love her sooooo much! The work is happy and the field is white. I am so grateful for the chance I have to be apart of the Lord's army in this incredible country. He knows us. We are all needed. And we all belong.


Love you all!
Xoxoxo
Sorella Burt


 

No comments:

Post a Comment