Sunday, June 21, 2015

Another week over and gone. They just keep on flying by and I am grateful for the things I learn in each and every week I spend here in the mission.

To start off, last week I went to the beautiful city of Lugano, Switzerland for an exchange with the sisters there. We had a good exchange even though I am still learning what it means to be a leader and all that good stuff. With time it will come. It is just a small bit weird to be over some sisters that are older then me in the mission, but I know that I was called because I have something to bring and that is what I am striving to do. During our exchange we met up with the Hercules family on the street because they weren't able to have us over for dinner. It was THE HAPPIEST thing to see them, holy cow. I was just so stoked. I didn't realize it had been 5 years since I had seen them...mamma Mia what a good reunion. We talked for a while and they bought us gelato and we talked to them about what we have learned from our missions and what not. It was a very wonderful and special experience to see them, but especially Kent. He will forever have a very special place in my heart because he literally did SO much for me back in the day when he was my soccer coach!! Ah, so happy.
Karli with Kent Hercules and his family. Kent was her favorite soccer coach! He and his family live in Lugano, Switzerland
Other then that we had a really good week as far as work goes! We have a lot of new converts in this ward that are just suuuuuper wonderful and we are helping them all prepare to go to the temple in September with the ward. They are all still very strong and have such a real desire to go and receive the beautiful blessings that the temple has in store. I am realllllly learning out here the vital importance of the temple and how often we Utahns take it for granted. It is like the talk, "Is it still wonderful to you" from this last general conference. We often take for granted the beautiful things that are right in front of our faces or they just become normal and common place. The people out here sacrifice much to go to the temple and it has sooooo much meaning and significance to them. It needs to have the same significance to us!

The other piece of biiiiiiiig news is R.! I finally got to meet her this week and also her husband. They are just the greatest people ever. We had planned to move her baptism date back because we haven't been able to see her enough to make the other one. So we taught both of them about the gospel of Jesus Christ and the lesson went really well. They were both really into it and asking great questions and what not. When it got to the baptism part, R. was like..."yeah I want to be baptized!! I am happy here and I want to be a part of this church because I know it is right!" She was very firm and decided on her decision and her husband was like....okay, if she's happy, I'm happy!! Ahhhhhhh. It was just the coolest miracle!  It was amazing and I truly saw how the Lord ISSSSSS preparing His children. Man,

Lastly, I would like to encourage you all to read the story from the last Ensign, May 2015 about the ship in the harbor. I cannot remember the name right now but it really touched me this week and I would recommend it for all! It says, "a ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for." We are like the ships and are meant to navigate the oceans and experience the adventures of life. We must sail out into the ocean that is large and sometimes unknown if we want to make it to our eternal destination. It's not easy, it's not comfortable, and it's not safe. But the storms and winds of life are
not meant to be. We must trust in the lighthouse of the gospel of Jesus Christ that will lead us back to our heavenly home.

I love you all and I hope you know it and never forget it!

Love,
Sorella Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment