Sunday, March 15, 2015

Trust in Him

Things are just plugging along like usual here in good ol' Trieste! I forgot my planner with my list of things I wanted to write about...so this could be a little interesting! Hopefully I can remember some stuff that happened this week.

I wanna start out by sharing something really cool that has been happening lately. It is with one of the Investigators of the Anziani, but the Sorelle have a lot to do with it! So a while back, like around the time that I got to Trieste, Sorella Nedelkov and I were doing some Area Book calls, looking through ex investigators and calling them to see if they would be interested in taking the lessons again. We ended up calling this man named G., and from the record it looked like he had a family. We called him up and he was super nice and said that he would be willing to meet with us...long story short, after a few weeks, we were able to set up an appointment with him and went there with a member. It was a really good thing that we brought the member, because it ended up being just him (he had separated from his girlfriend, they have a small daughter) Anyyyyyways, we went there and taught him a lesson and he was super cool and super interested!! We had to pass him to the Anziani because he is a single man...that was like 2 transfers ago. But NOW, the Anziani have started teaching him and it has just been the biggest miracle EVER. He is 100% GOLDEN, like as golden as they come. The anziani took one of our coolest members with them to one of their lessons with him and it just turns out that they were like best friends back in high school! And then G. came to church and just happened to know like a LOT of the members!! He just lovvvved church and felt super welcome! The coolest part is that after church he shared the gospel with like 3 of his friends and is giving a book of mormon to one of them, and he isnt even baptized yet!! I dont really know if i explained that super well, but i am telling you, it is just really neat. The Anziani are having a lot of success with investigators that we actually found, so that has been really cool to see! I gained an even stronger testimony of the reality and perfection of the timing of the Lord and how he knows when His children are ready to recieve this gospel. We each play a small role and even if we dont know that we are, WE ARE.

On Thursday night this last week I got a text from the bishop asking me to give a talk for 10 minutes in sacrament meeting on Sunday...I accepted but i was scared out of my mind! He asked me to talk about Missionary Work...naturally. There were like 1,000 things i could have slash wanted to say about missionary work but as I thought and prayed about it, i really felt like i should talk about patience and trust in the Lord's timing. I spent a lot of time preparing and trying to figure out how to say what i wanted to say in Italian, but when it came down to it, i just left it up to The Lord. I was terrrrrified before hand, giving my first full blown talk in Italian in front of the entire ward, but I can testify that when we do our part and ask the Lord to help us, He literally gives us the very words that we need! It went really well and I had a lot of people come up to me after and thank me for what i said and that it helped them a lot, so that ruled! some even told me that i spoke reallllly good Italian, so that was very kind! It was a huge testimony builder to me that when we have faith and trust in the Lord, He ALWAYS delivers. Always. He can help us do things that we NEVER could have done on our own. He enhances our abilities and talents and through Him we can use those abilities to touch the lives of others!

We accidentally went to Slovenia twice this week...Okay maybe only once was on accident...haha Trieste is like really close to Slovenia and this week we went on some adventures up in the mountains to try and contact some referrals...The bus takes you through Slovenia, so that is fun! For like 5 minutes you look outside and everything is in a different language and then the people getting on the bus are all speaking a different language and it is just a fun lil experience. At one point we were walking down the road and Sorella Hawks was like...are we in Italy or Slovenia?? hahaha not many people get to say that!

The finding continues and continues! Horray. We talked to a lot of wonderful people this week that we are hoping and praying will soon turn into investigators! That is our problem, we talk to lots of people and find tons of potentials, but then they just never answer us so it makes it hard to set up appointments and start teaching them. We are learning a lot of patience and it is just wonderful!

I cannot really remember anything else that really happened this week! But i am feeling really happy and just very content to be right where i am right now. I know that this church is true and that is why i am here! It brings me so much joy! I love you all and I hope you know that our Heavenly Father does too.

alla prossima,

Sorella Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment