Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Creation

If I could use one word to describe this week it would be: Exhausting.

My body is literally just done. I am tired and sore in a way that I have never been before. It is unreal, I literally feel like an old person. With even the slightest of movements, so many things crack and my back feel like it is going to break in half. But that is okay, I guess that is what happens after a year and a half of nonstop working! It is the most satisfying tired though I think that you could ever be!I get home at night and just crash but at least we are satisfied with what we accomplished. I am ready to just sleep for a solid uninterrupted 2 weeks!

Sorry that paragraph was quite complainy...I promise I really am happy! We had another great week and honestly it just flew by. I cannot believe that I am writing emails again. We are still just crazy busy and running from one side of the city to the other and just trying to keep going! We saw lots of people this week and many small but significant miracles along the way. Two of these small but beautiful experiences happened on Thursday. The morning and early afternoon were full of appointments. After a lesson with our investigator, C., we took the bus that takes us from one church to the other. While I was standing on the bus, I noticed a really cute little family that looked like they were from South America. It was a mom and two of her small children. I immediately had the feeling that I should talk to them, so I positioned myself in a good place and waited until the moment was right. I started talking to this cute mom and it turns out that she is from Ecuador! I always get excited when I meet people from Ecuador and tell them that my dad LIVED there for two years of his life as a missionary. She was just super cute and as we got talking, she told me that they actually had missionaries that would come over to there house only about 6 months ago, but they moved and so the missionaries lost track of them or something! It was so great and I asked if we could come over and visit them and she very willingly agreed. It was wonderful and I was so grateful that I followed that prompting to talk with her. We have an appointment set up this coming Friday and I am really excited!

The beauty continued as we got to the church and made a few phone calls, and then we had about 20 minutes until our ward correlation meeting. We decided to go out and do some finding work! We said a prayer outside the church and asked for direction and to be able to find someone that was searching. Not even 5 minutes later, we stop a lady named G. We get talking to her and after a few minutes, she looks at me and says..wait you have talked to me before! I then remembered that I had stopped her in front of the church about 3 months ago and had a wonderful conversation with her. It was amazing! As we got talking, she told us that she had lost her faith and is searching for it again. She just looked very sad and looked as though she had lost all hope. We taught her and testified of how she can find her faith again and that the message that we bring is how she can find that faith again the spirit was very strong and we prayed and she cried and when I asked if we could have her number, she said no. I was heartbroken. She needs this so bad, and I know that she felt something...this time, and last time Heavenly Father put her in my path. I walked away feeling sad but grateful to the Lord for having placed her in my path again and allowing me to testify to her once again and help her to feel of the spirit. I know that this is just another step in her accepting the truth and I was grateful for this experience. It is experiences like this that I will truly miss. The Lord guides us. He answers our prayers. He puts people in our paths and He puts the words in our mouths.

It was a wonderful week full of way too many beautiful experiences to write them all so I guess I will just leave this email simple. I am so grateful for what the Lord does for me each and every day. He is so very good to me and is my greatest supporter. I want to leave you with a quote that I read this week that really touched me: “God left the world unfinished for man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity in the cloud, the oil in the earth. He left the rivers unbridged and the forests unfelled and the cities unbuilt. God gives to man the challenge of raw materials, not the ease of finished things. He leaves the pictures unpainted and the music unsung and the problems unsolved, that man might know the joys and glories of creation.” -President Thomas S. Monson

He gives us talents and skill and knowledge so that we might create, imagine, and dream. He is the master creator and if we want to become like Him, we too must experience the joy and satisfaction of creation. Each day we can create. We can keep trying. We can turn to Him, and He makes us greater then we could ever be on our own. He doesn't give us every thing already perfectly figured out, but gives us the opportunity to discover and to learn on our own. He wants us to grow and as we follow Him, a natural consequence is personal growth. I am so grateful for my own personal growth that I have seen during the course of my life and I know that I have a long way to go. But as I continue to turn to Him as I create my life, everything will work out and He will make me great!

I love you all! Have a wonderful week :)
Love,
Sorella Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment