Saturday, January 3, 2015

From Rocks to Diamonds

Hello ALL.

Another week over and done. It will never cease to amaze me how quick the weeks fly out here! Literally they just go and go and go and before you know it they are gone! hahaha that sentence made like zero sense but whatev. the weeks go fast. ha

I still cannot really get over how wonderful it was to see and talk to you all last week on Christmas! ah. like it was too good. it just makes me happy thinking about it! Thank you for being the best fam ever. I could have talked to you for like 12 more hours and still had plenty to say...that's when  you know you have a pretty rockin family! thanks to each and every one of you.

This week was a bit on the hard side...for a lot of reasons. i can say that i have learned and grown a LOT this week and it really has turned out to be amazing. We are still just focusing on finding finding and finding. It has been really hard because we have gone out and talked to tonnnnns of people but not seen any real outward success, which gets hard at times.

And it has gotten to be FREEEEEEZING here, like hollllllly how it is insanely cold. The Bora is here....the super strong wind....and so that makes it like a thousand times colder. I am pretty sure that my ears no longer have any feeling! I am going to hopefully buy a warm hat and some gloves today so that will hopefully help!

Through all of this finding work, we have been able to talk to some pretty interesting people, which always keeps things fun. It is always fun to approach someone and have zero idea how they are going to react to you...some are super mean and some are surprisingly nice! The other day we were in our fav piazza doing some finding and we stopped this one lady and she RULED. she had such an amazing spirit and actually started crying while i was bearing my testimony about Jesus Christ. It was weird because one second she was crying and then the next second she just walked away...ha Italians are so interesting. We really tried to focus this week on our work through the members, with asking for referrals and what not and we were able to see some miracles come from that which has been great! I am confident that as we continue to trust in the Lord and press forward, giving it everything we've got, we will see blessings.

Yesterday I went to the city of Mestre for an exchange with the sister training leader there. it was SO great. holy cow she is in her last transfer and is literally the best missionary I have ever met! i learned SOOO much from her here that i am going to try and implement in my work here in Trieste. I have a lotttttt to learn. a lot. but that is okay! we are like rocks at the beginning of the mission, and Heavenly Father helps us become diamonds. Rocks do not become diamonds over night...it is a long process and takes patience and time! I know that as I continue to be patient, improve each day, and do the best work that I can, Heavenly Father will help me to become the diamond that I am meant to become. Only through Him can I reach my full potential!

I feel like before the scambio I was just in this weird slump...but now I have a renewal of fire to just go out there and do it! I am just super stoked to continue to work here and I just feel like I have tons of energy and just excitement to make magic happen..ha I know that Heavenly Father is a God of miracles. He always has been and He always will be. Today I read some great scriptures in Mormon 9:20-21 that helped me a lot. If we don't trust in the Lord with our whole heart and believe that miracles can happen, then they won't! We must believe and we must ACT on that belief. That is the only way to do this work...ACTION. We gotta be bold like lions, that's how this is gonna get done! (Prov. 28:1)

I feel lots of happy feelings right now and lots of gratitude to be here in Italy. I know that I have a lot to learn but thank goodness for Jesus Christ. He is there for me every step of the way! I am excited for this next week, its gonna be a week of miracles!

I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful new year! it is crazy that it is 2015 now! It looks like the wedding was absolutely beautiful! I definitely thought about you all a lot that day! Thank you for making me a part of it. It was harder then i thought it would be to miss it, but i know that I am loved, and that is what matters!

Vi voglio bene,
Sorella Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment