Saturday, August 9, 2014

1st Letter!!

August 6, 2014

Mi Famiglia!

Day one today was such a crazy day!  Everything felt like a whirlwind, but I loved it all!  The feeling of the MTC is incredible, from the very second that you step in.  It is so happy and just a super feel-good place!  I already love it here and it's only been half a day!

So they brought us in and gave us the badges right off the bat.  Then they took us to our room, drop off our bags and they they took us straight to class.  I was, as we anticipated, the very first one in there.  My teacher's name is Sorella Miles and she is really awesome.  My companion(s) are super awesome!  I am in a trio.  It's Sorella Schoenhals, who is from Dallas, Texas (going to Milan) and Sister (Sora) Weaver, going to Romania.  She is the only person at the MTC going to Romania, so she is all alone!  But she's with us at all times except for during class time.  Sister Weaver is a little shy but super sweet and Sister Schoenhals is so cute!  We get along really well already, so that rules!  I'm really excited about the trio, I think that we'll have a lot of success and I am excited to get to know them better!

Sister Weaver (left), Sister Schoenhals (middle), and I.
Today was great and I am still alive!  It's all a bit overwhelming, as you could imagine.  Just one day at a time!  I am really very excited to be here.  It is truly an incredible place!  I have a lot to learn, but of course!  I know that if I work my very hardest and am exactly obedient, the Lord will help me.  I did learn a little Italian today...not much but it will come!  But in case you were wondering... mi chiamo (my name is) Sorella Burt!

So, uh ya, in case you forgot...that's it!  I am happy and living and super excited to learn all I can!  There are like 30 Italian missionaries here, Milan & Rome are mixed within districts, but our district is all Milan!  We have 3 Elders & 5 Sisters.  Everyone is really nice!  I have even seen some peeps I know from school already so that's awesome.

Our district.
The MTC rules.  I am so happy to be here and to be a servant of the Lord bringing people unto Christ!  It is a beautiful thing and I am so grateful to be a part of it!  The spirit is incredible here.  And I know that I am here for a very inspired purpose!  It is so incredible!

So yeah, everything rules!  I really love and appreciate you guys so much.  I hope that you're all holding up alright and not missing me too much!  hehe  Thanks for being the best fam ever!  I LOVE YOU so very much!

I am stoked to be a missionary right now and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me!  I love you guys, I'll hear from you soon!

Love, Sorella Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment